- 1/2 pound andouille or Cajun sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper, diced
- 1 14 1/2ounce can whole tomatoes in juice, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 pound medium shelled and deveined shrimp
1. Heat a Dutch oven over high heat. Add sausage, onion and pepper; cook 5 minutes, until onion begins to brown. Add tomatoes, water, rice, garlic and Cajun seasoning; stir until combined. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
2. Stir in shrimp. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more, until shrimp turn opaque.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet