Sweet Pepper Broth
Yield: 5-1/2 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large yellow sweet pepper, seeded and chopped ( 1 cup)
- 3 medium leeks, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel or lemon peel
1. Coat a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook sweet pepper, leeks, and garlic over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in water, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Stir in white wine, parsley, and shredded lime peel. Heat through. Remove bay leaf and discard. Use to make Simmering Seafood. Makes 5-1/2 cups.