Thai Chicken Coconut Soup
Yield: 5 cups Start to Finish 25 mins
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla*) or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved, if large
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk*
1. Bring chicken broth, lime juice, fish sauce, and ginger to boil in large saucepan; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
2. Add chicken, coconut milk, and red pepper. Return to boil and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 4 minutes.
3. Add snow peas and carrots; cook until peas are tender-crisp, 1 minute. Stir in cilantro. Serve in soup bowls with cooked rice. Makes 5 cups.
- Asian fish sauce and coconut milk are available in Asian markets and specialty section of supermarkets.
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!