Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
Yield: 5 cups Prep 25 mins Start to Finish 25 mins
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nahm plah)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (4 oz) green beans, cut into --inch pieces
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. Add green beans and cook 2 min. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 5 min. Top soup with scallions and serve with lime. Makes 5 cups.
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!