Turkey Meatball and Alphabet Soup
Yield: 10 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounce cans (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 ounce can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet noodles
- 1 ounce can (16 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, salt, and pepper. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, bring broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, and onion to a boil. Stir in meatballs. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, 50 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook alphabet noodles according to package directions; drain. Simmer noodles in soup, 5 minutes. Stir in beans. Makes 10 cups.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!