Yield: 5 cups Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Turkey neck and giblets (from turkey)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Add neck and giblets; cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add broth, rosemary, and 4 cups water; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 5 cups, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour stock through a sieve into a bowl (discard solids). Makes 5 cups.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet