Vegetarian Skillet Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 10 1/2ounce cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 large sweet potato (8 oz.), peeled and diced
- 1 large zucchini (12 oz.), diced
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet. Cook onions until lightly browned. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and green chilies and the sweet potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 6 minutes, until potato is partially cooked. Add zucchini; cook just until tender. Add beans and cook until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!