Sausage and Corn Chowder
Yield: 8 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, white and pale green parts only
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound new potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 ounce cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3/4 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add leeks and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, cream, salt, and pepper, and nutmeg and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 10 minutes more.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until edges brown. Stir sausage into soup just before serving. Makes 8 cups.
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!