Turkey Stew with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 14 1/2ounce can chicken broth
- 3 small ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 12 ounces Orange Roasted Turkey, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (See Recipe Center)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Combine russet potato and chicken broth in a large saucepan. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potato is tender, 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a potato masher, mash potato until mixture is nearly smooth.
2. Cut corn kernels from two ears; carefully cut remaining ear crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
3. Stir milk, corn, turkey, sweet potatoes and pepper into saucepan with potato mixture. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, until sweet potato is tender, 12 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!