Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves,cut in half horizontally
- garlic salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 slices country white bread, toasted
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 2 cups baby arugula
1. Heat grill to medium high. Pound chicken to create thin cutlets about 1/4-inch thick. Season with garlic salt and pepper and grill until cooked through; about 4 to 6 minutes. Place one cheese slice on top of each cutlet during the last minute of cooking to melt.
2. To make each sandwich, spread one piece of toast with mayonnaise and one piece with a generous layer of pepper jelly. Fill with chicken, bacon and some arugula.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!