BLT Heirloom Tomato Tart
- 1 purchased piecrust sheet (from 15-oz. box)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (from 1 head)
- 2 scallions, dark-green part only, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus small whole leaves for garnish
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F and arrange rack in middle of oven. Gently press piecrust into a 9-inch round fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer tart shell in pan to a rack to cool.
2. Meanwhile, halve, pit, and scoop out flesh from avocados. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices and transfer to a large plate. Drizzle with juice; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss together lettuce, scallion, mayonnaise, bacon, and chopped basil in a large bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove sides of pan and place tart shell on a serving platter. Arrange avocado slices in a single layer on bottom of shell. Top with lettuce mixture and tomato, overlapping slices. Garnish with basil leaves. Cut into wedges and serve. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet