Zucchini and Caramelized Onion Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Parmesan cheese
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Trim 1/2-inch-thick strips from each edge; set aside. Whisk egg with 2 tsp water and brush perimeter of pastry with egg wash, then replace strips, trimming to fit, and gently press to form a rim. Prick the inside of pastry with a fork. Chill until ready to use.
2. Heat butter and half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, salt and sugar, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, about 18 min. Remove from heat and stir in dill.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread onion evenly over prepared pastry. Top with zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, then brush with remaining oil. Bake on the lowest oven rack until pastry is puffed and golden, about 25 min. Garnish with Parmesan and more dill. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet