Teeny Chicken Parmesan Crostini
- 1 sourdough baguette, sliced into 24 (1/4-inch-thick) pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken tenders, each cut into 3 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 4 slices provolone cheese, each cut into 6 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups marinara, store-bought or homemade
- Chopped parsley
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush both sides of baguette slices with 1/4 cup oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake toasts until golden brown, 10 to 15 min. (Tip: You can make the toasts up to 3 days ahead to save time on the day of your get-together. After baking, cool and store them in an airtight container.)
2. Place flour in a shallow dish, eggs in a second shallow dish and bread crumbs in a third shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in eggs and then in bread crumbs. Warm remaining 1/4 cup oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until done, 4 to 5 min per side.
3. Place chicken on a baking sheet and top each piece with a small slice of provolone. Bake until cheese melts, 4 to 5 min. Top crostini with a piece of chicken, marinara and parsley; serve warm.
- Servings Per Recipe 24
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!