Beef and Zucchini Burger
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck or ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 7 inches warm pita breads
1. Combine mayonnaise, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
2. Heat oil in nonstick skillet; add onion and half the zucchini and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Cool
3. Toss beef with zucchini mixture, Worcestershire, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
4. Heat grill pan. Grill patties 5 to 6 minutes per side until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 160 degrees F (165 degrees F for turkey). Place burgers, sauce, and remaining zucchini inside pitas. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)30,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet