Want a low-fat meatloaf that's still wonderfully moist and delicious? Try this lean ground turkey version, seasoned with curry and fresh vegetables and topped with a creamy yogurt sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon red curry base*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 ounce container (8 oz.) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground white turkey meat
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs (2 to 3 slices firm white bread)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooked broccoli, (optional)
- Cooked red potatoes, (optional)
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1 cup onions and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove skillet from heat; stir in curry base and water until smooth. Cool.
2. For the Yogurt Sauce, combine zucchini, yogurt, the 1 tablespoon onion, the 1/2 teaspoon salt and the sugar in a medium bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Combine turkey, zucchini, bread crumbs, egg, the 3/4 teaspoon salt and the onion mixture in large bowl until just mixed. Line a 13x9-inch pan with foil; lightly coat bottom with vegetable cooking spray. Shape turkey mixture into an 8x4-inch-wide loaf in center of prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degree F.
4. Remove meatloaf from oven; cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Slice loaf and serve with Yogurt Sauce, and broccoli and red potatoes, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Red curry base is available at some supermarkets and at food specialty stores.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet