Orange Roasted Turkey
- 1 10 - 12 pound whole turkey, thawed, if frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 - 5 seedless oranges
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Heat oven to 325 degree F. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey; drain and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle cavity with salt and pepper.
2. Halve and juice one of the oranges. Cut another orange into thin slices. Set aside. Quarter remaining oranges and place with 1/3 of the thyme in the turkey cavity. Fasten neck skin over back of turkey with toothpick. Tie legs together. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
3. In a bowl, combine reserved orange juice with orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, honey and remaining thyme. Set aside.
4. Roast turkey for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours, basting with orange juice mixture every 1/2 hour. When skin is golden brown, about 2/3 done, shield breast loosely with foil.
5. Transfer turkey to a serving platter; let stand 20 minutes before carving. Makes 8 servings.
- Nutrition facts are based on a 4-ounce serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet