Pasta and Meatballs
Yield: 45 meatballs Prep 45 mins Start to Finish 1 hr
- 4 ounces dried small rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground white turkey
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Basil leaves
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
1. Cook pasta, drain and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil; set aside.
2. Thoroughly combine turkey, onion, bread crumbs, roasted pepper, milk, salt and garlic in a bowl. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
3. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook meatballs in 2 tbsp oil, turning frequently, until cooked through and browned all over, 6 to 7 min.
4. Thread a piece of pasta, a basil leaf and a meatball on each pick. Serve with warm marinara sauce. Makes 45 meatballs.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet