Smoked Turkey Tartine with Roasted Tomatoes and Caper Mayonnaise
- 4 slices of sourdough bread (6- by 3- inch)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped, drained bottled capers, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced smoked (or regular) turkey
- 1/4 cup packed arugula leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Brush one side of bread with oil and toast on a baking sheet in upper third of oven until golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast in lower third of oven until edges begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes.
2. Transfer bread and tomatoes on pans to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
3. Stir together mayonnaise and capers in a small bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread toasted sides of bread evenly with caper mayonnaise, top with turkey, arugula, and roasted tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)24,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet