Yield: 8 burgers Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 45 mins
- 2 pounds ground turkey, beef chuck, pork, or chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato and lettuce, pickles, ketchup, and chips for accompaniments
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix with hands until just combined. Form meat into 8 equal patties (about 3-1/2 inches in diameter by 3/4 inch thick) and chill on a plate 15 minutes.
2. Preheat grill. Grill burgers on lightly oiled rack over moderate to moderately low heat, turning once, until golden brown, and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, grill buns cut side down until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Put burgers and accompaniments on bottom of buns and top with remaining bun halves. Makes 8 burgers.
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet