Turkey Cheddar Melt
Use leftover holiday turkey to make this grilled cheese sandwich.
- 8 1/2inch slices sourdough or bakery-style firm bread
- 8 large slices roast turkey meat (4 oz. per sandwich)
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Cranberry Chutney (see Recipe Center)
- 8 large slices (1-1/2 oz. per sandwich) part-skim sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Evenly top 4 slices of bread with turkey, chutney, and cheddar; season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat and cook 2 sandwiches at a time, turning once, until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 sandwiches. Cut in half and serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)49,
- sat. fat(g)28,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet