Turkey Chive Crepes
Make savory crepes and fill them with leftover turkey and stuffing from the holidays. Top with leftover cranberry relish.
Yield: 12 crepes Prep 50 mins Bake 375°F 20 mins Start to Finish 1 hr 40 mins
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for baking dish and skillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups (9 oz.) shredded Roast Turkey (see Recipe Center)
- 2 1/4 cups Chestnut-Sourdough Stuffing with Apricots, Roasted Mushrooms and Smoked Bacon (see Recipe Center)
- 1 1/4 cups Cranberry-Onion Relish (see Recipe Center)
- 2 cups Giblet Gravy, at room temperature (see Recipe Center)
1. Whisk together flour, milk, water, eggs, yolks, chives, butter, and salt in a bowl, for batter; let stand 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degree F and arrange rack in middle of oven. Butter a 15-by-10-by-2-inch shallow baking dish; set aside.
3. Lightly brush a 7- to 8-inch nonstick skillet with butter and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Remove skillet from heat and pour in about 3 tablespoons batter, quickly swirling batter to coat bottom. Cook until crepe is set and begins to bubble, and bottom is golden brown, about 1 minute. Lift one edge of crepe with a spatula and flip over; cook until golden brown on other side, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with butter as needed, stacking crepes as cooked.
4. Arrange crepes in a single layer on a clean, dry surface and fill with a scant 3 tablespoons each of turkey and stuffing, then top with about 1 tablespoon relish. Roll up crepes, enclosing filling, and arrange, seam side down, in prepared dish. Spoon 1-1/2 cups gravy over top and bake, uncovered, until bubbling and heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve remaining relish and gravy on the side. Makes 12 crepes.
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet