Turkey Piccata Pasta
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup rinsed and drained bottled capers
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups bite-size roast turkey meat
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly fine grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Bring to a 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine until al dente, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over moderately high heat; add capers and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup pasta water and the juice to skillet; bring to a simmer.
3. Drain pasta and add to skillet with turkey; simmer, tossing together with tongs until turkey is heated through and pasta is coated with sauce, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in parsley and oil; salt and pepper to taste. Serve pasta sprinkled with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!