Warm Turkey, Nectarine, and Watercress Salad
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large ripe nectarines or plums, sliced
- 2 cups thin jicama strips
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 pound watercress, trimmed
1. For the citrus dressing, combine the orange juice, white wine vinegar, lime juice, shallots, olive oil, honey and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add nectarines and jicama. Set aside.
2. Combine coriander, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and sugar in cup. Arrange cutlets flat on piece of wax paper. Sprinkle top with coriander mixture.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the cutlets; cook 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a large plate; cover and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cutlets.
4. Toss watercress with nectarine and jicama mixture. Divide turkey cutlets between 4 serving plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the nectarine-watercress salad. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!