Two-Bite Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Sticks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F and butter a mini corn-stick pan or mini muffin tin.
2. In a bowl combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl whisk together the egg, milk, honey and melted butter. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until smooth. Gently fold the diced jalapenos and cheese into the batter.
3. Fill each mini corn or muffin mold about two-thirds full. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 min. Remove corn cakes from pan and drizzle with extra honey. Serve warm.
- Servings Per Recipe 40
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Mark as Free Exchange()0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet