Asian-Style Green Beans with Cashews
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted cashews, divided
1. Bring a large saucepan filled two-thirds with water to a boil; add beans. Cook beans until just tender, about 7 minutes. Drain in colander under cold running water.
2. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, oil, ginger, salt, sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl. Add beans, green onions and 1/4 cup of the cashews; toss well and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup cashews. Serve immediately.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!