Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 4 pounds carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound (3 large) shallots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light-colored molasses
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place vegetables in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, until lightly browned. Add sugar, molasses, and vinegar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly until reduced to 1/2 cup, 2 minutes.
3. Pour balsamic mixture over carrots and shallots; toss. Roast 50 minutes, stirring once, until carrots are tender. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the salt. Makes 8 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- To make ahead, prepare as above. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, then microwave, covered, on High, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring once.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!