Brussels Sprouts Leaves with Bacon and Walnuts
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, tough outer leaves removed
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Using a paring knife, cut out a cone shape from stem end of each sprout. Separate leaves, leaving the small, tender centers intact; transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and deep golden; drain on paper towels and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat in skillet. Add shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sprouts, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilting, 6 to 8 min. Add bacon, nuts, sugar, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Serve immediately. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet