Brussels Sprouts with Apricot and Pistachio
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely diced
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Remove any damaged outer leaves from Brussels sprouts and slice sprouts in half through the stem. Add to boiling water and cook until just tender, 3 min; drain. (If making ahead, cool sprouts in ice and water, drain and store, wrapped, in the fridge until ready to use.)
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sprouts and salt; cook, turning occasionally, until sprouts are golden around the edges and heated through, 5 to 6 min (7 min if you blanched sprouts earlier). Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with apricots and pistachios. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!