Chile Sweet Potato Rounds
- 3 pound (4 to 5) sweet potatoes
- 5 dried red chile peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 2 rimmed baking sheets on separate racks in oven to heat.
2. Peel and slice sweet potatoes into -inch-thick slices. Coarsely chop 4 chiles and toss with potatoes, olive oil, salt and 2 tbsp honey in a large bowl. Remove baking sheets from oven and quickly arrange potatoes on pans in a single layer; return pans to oven. Bake 30 min, until golden and soft, turning potatoes over halfway through.
3. Heat 2 tbsp honey in microwave for a few seconds and brush over sweet potatoes. Transfer to serving dish, chop remaining red chile and sprinkle onto sweet potatoes with parsley. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet