Connies Pureed Parsnips with Horseradish
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Place parsnips in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and cook until soft, about 25 minutes. Drain and add to a food processor. Add chicken broth, milk, butter, and horseradish, and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Place in an ovenproof serving dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Bake until bread crumbs are golden, about 20 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!