Golden Cauliflower with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cauliflower heads (about 3 lbs total), cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1- to 1-1/2-inch florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped, plus whole seeds for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1. In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and 1/2 tsp salt, cover and simmer until slightly tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
2. In same skillet, melt butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, toss to coat and cook, gently turning occasionally, until tender and just turning golden brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pumpkin seeds, garlic, ginger and mustard powder. Cook until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet