Golden Potato Gratin
- 3 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
2. Smash garlic with side of knife. Bring broth, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices to cover the bottom of prepared dish. Remove garlic from broth. Pour half the broth over the potatoes, then sprinkle with half the cheeses. Repeat with remaining potatoes, broth and cheeses. Sprinkle top with chives, then dot with remaining 2 teaspoons butter. Cover dish with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake potatoes 15 to 20 minutes more, until top is golden and potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet