Green Beans with Almond Pesto
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup whole almonds with skin, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon zest plus additional zest for garnish
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 pounds haricots verts or thin green beans, trimmed
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and toast almonds, stirring, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer nut mixture to a bowl and immediately stir in zest and garlic. Let mixture cool. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook beans in a 6-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain beans well in a colander and transfer to a serving dish. Season beans with salt and pepper and serve topped with some of almond pesto. Garnish with lemon zest. Serve additional pesto on the side. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet