Green Beans with Mint-Almond Pesto
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds haricots verts (French green beans) or fresh thin green beans, trimmed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- Finely grated fresh lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt. Add green beans and cook until bright green and crisptender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. When cooled, drain and pat dry. (Can be made ahead. Place in a plastic storage bag and chill up to 1 day.) Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Combine mint, almonds, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the zest in a food processor. With motor running, add oil in a stream and blend until pureed, for pesto.
3. Add pesto to green beans and toss until coated well. Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet