Grilled Corn and Chile Salsa
Yield: 3-1/2 cups Prep 35 mins Grill 15 mins Stand 30 mins
- 3 ears corn
- 2 fresh poblano chiles
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Peel the husks of the corn down to the bottom of each ear without detaching and remove silk. Replace husks and secure with twine. Soak corn in a large bowl of cold water at least 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Prepare grill. Drain corn and grill corn and chiles, about 10 minutes for chiles and 15 minutes for corn, turning every 5 minutes, or until tender and evenly charred. Cover vegetables and let stand 10 minutes.
3. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin from the chiles, then discard membranes and seeds and cut chiles into fine dice. Remove husks from corn and discard. Carefully cut kernels from each cob, then transfer the corn to a medium bowl. Add diced chiles, zucchini, tomato, green onions, oregano, lime juice, oil, garlic, and salt. Makes 14 servings (3-1/2 cups).
- Servings Per Recipe 14
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!