Grilled Fresh Tomato Pizza with Three Cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepared dough for one 12-inch pizza
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or basil, cut into thin strips
1. Oil and heat grill.
2. Combine tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Toss cheeses in another bowl.
3. Flour a large cutting board. Pat or roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Slide dough off board onto heated grill; grill over low coals 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, flour board again. Transfer pizza crust cooked side up onto board. Spread evenly with tomato mixture. Top with cheeses. Slide back onto grill. Cover and grill about 7 minutes more, moving pizza around to grill evenly, until crust is crisp and deep golden brown and cheese is just melted. Sprinkle with parsley or basil. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Move the pizza around frequently while grilling, so it will cook evenly without charring.
- Buying frozen or fresh pizza dough from the supermarket, neighborhood bakery, or pizza parlor makes this quick work.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet