Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Arugula
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 5 inches large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 5 ounce small bunch baby arugula, coarse stems trimmed
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise, about 1 cup
1. Whisk together vinegar and mustard, with salt and pepper to taste. Add oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
2. Arrange mushroom caps stem-side up on a plate and drizzle with half of vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Preheat grill. Grill mushroom caps on a lightly oiled rack, stem-side up, uncovered, over moderately high heat until underside is softened and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn caps over and grill until just tender, about 4 minutes more. Turn caps over and top each with a 1-ounce round of goat cheese. Continue to grill, spreading goat cheese slightly with a spatula, until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Transfer caps to serving plates.
4. Put arugula in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Mound salad on top of mushroom and sprinkle with tomatoes. Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over and around mushroom.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet