Guiltless Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Bring potatoes, rosemary sprig and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 18 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes; discard rosemary. Microwave milk and broth in microwave-proof cup until hot, 1 minute. Return potatoes to saucepan and cook 2 minutes over low heat to dry. Coarsely mash potatoes with potato masher or large wooden spoon. Stir in broth mixture, salt and pepper until well combined and heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!