Minted Sweet-Pea Dip with Curry Chips
Yield: 1-1/3 cups Start to Finish 35 mins
- 5 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 (5 or 6 inches) pita breads, split
- 1 slice bacon, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine 2 tablespoons of the oil and curry powder in microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (High) 1 minute. Add butter; microwave 30 seconds. Brush mixture over cut sides of pita. Cut each half into wedges. Arrange, buttered side up, on 2 cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool.
2. Cook bacon and onion in small skillet over medium-high heat until onion is golden and tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds more.
3. Process cooked onion mixture, peas, mint, salt and remaining 3 tablespoons oil in food processor until smooth. Makes about 1-1/3 cups.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare chips. Cool. Place in airtight container and store at room temperature up to 2 days. Prepare dip. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!