Mushroom and Pepper Frittata
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick, ovenproof skillet. Cook onion and bell pepper 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cover and cook 1 minute. Stir and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to bowl.
2. Heat broiler. Whisk eggs, water, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the salt, and pepper in bowl. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add egg mixture and basil and cook 1 minute; reduce heat to medium-low. Sprinkle mushrooms over eggs. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until just the edge is puffed. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top; broil 1 minute. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)25,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!