Yield: 4 dozen Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 8 mins Cook 35 mins
- 2 loaves very thin white bread
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3/4 pound white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
DirectionsMake Toast Cups::
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Brush 2 dozen mini-muffin pan cups with some of the 3 tablespoons butter. With rolling pin, roll bread slices flat. Cut into 2-1/2-inch squares. Press into prepared pans. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
2. Soak porcini in boiling water. Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add shallot and cook 2 minutes. Drain porcini; chop fine. Add to pan with white mushrooms; cook, stirring, 7 minutes. Whisk cornstarch into cream; stir into mushrooms. Add brandy, salt, and pepper; boil, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and parsley.
3. Spoon filling by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls into Toast Cups. Makes 4 dozen.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare Toast Cups. Store in airtight containers up to 2 days.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet