- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for boiling potatoes
- 3/4 cup whole milk, heated, plus more as needed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil; add salt. Simmer until fork-tender but not falling apart, about 30 minutes; drain.
2. Transfer potatoes to a large mixer bowl and, using whisk attachment, beat on medium speed until finely crumbled. Add milk, extra-virgin olive oil, and 2 teaspoons salt; beat until just smooth, adding more milk as needed for a light, creamy texture.
3. Stir in kalamata olives and fresh thyme. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet