Yield: 4 dozen Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pounds baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium zucchini
- Vegetable oil
- Applesauce, (optional)
1. Blend eggs, matzo meal, parsley, salt and white pepper in large bowl. Shred potatoes, onions and zucchini in food processor. Place vegetables in colander and press out as much liquid as possible. Return vegetables in batches to food processor with steel blade and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to egg mixture.
2. Heat electric griddle to 375 degree F. and oil lightly, or heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto griddle or skillet. Cook until golden, 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; cover and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining potato mixture and additional oil as needed. Serve with applesauce, if desired. Makes 4 dozen.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare latkes; cool. Arrange latkes in a single layer on cookie sheets; cover and freeze up for to 2 weeks. To reheat, bake, uncovered in a 450 degree F oven 10 minutes.
- Fat, total(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!