Potato Salmon Bake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for dish
- 3/4 cup panko (bread crumbs)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 pounds assorted potatoes (sweet potatoes, small Yukon Golds and small red potatoes), sliced 3/8 inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled feta (6 oz.)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon filet
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Stir together 1 tbsp melted butter, panko, zest from lemon and dill; set aside.
2. Butter the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Cover the bottom of the pan with half the potatoes. Season with some of the salt and pepper; sprinkle with half the feta. Repeat, topping with remaining potatoes, feta and some salt and pepper. Combine 1 tbsp butter and the broth; pour over potatoes. Cover and bake until potatoes are just softened, about 45 min.
3. Meanwhile, cut salmon into 2- to 3-inch pieces and toss with lemon juice; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt.
4. Remove potatoes from oven. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Place salmon over potatoes and sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, until salmon is cooked through and bread crumbs are golden brown, 12 to 15 min. Garnish with dill springs. Serves 6.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!