Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Hazelnut-Browned Butter
- 1 (2 lbs.) butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 10 ounce containers brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 1/4 pounds turnips, peeled, halved, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup skinned toasted hazelnuts,coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus whole leaves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F and arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Toss together squash, brussels sprouts, turnips, and oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 large baking sheets, spreading into a single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally, switching baking sheets halfway through, until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter with hazelnuts in a small saucepan over moderate heat, swirling pan occasionally, until butter begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Transfer roasted vegetables to a serving bowl and toss with hazelnut-browned butter and tarragon. Garnish with tarragon leaves, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!