Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large yellow or red sweet peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 6 3/4ounce box Spanish rice pilaf
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 ounce package four-cheese Mexican shredded cheese blend (2 cups), divided
1. Arrange oven racks in top and bottom third of oven. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a large jelly-roll pan with foil. Brush outside of pepper halves with oil. Arrange peppers cut side up on prepared pan; bake on lower rack 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Spanish rice pilaf according to package directions, except during the last 5 minutes of cooking time add zucchini to top of rice (do not stir). When rice is done, stir beans and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese into rice. Spoon rice mixture evenly into pepper halves; divide and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over tops. Bake on top rack 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)28,
- sat. fat(g)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!