Roasted Vegetable Frittata
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 red sweet peppers, cut into quarters
- 2 yellow sweet peppers, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 zucchini (1 pound), cut into 3x1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Arrange oven racks on lower and center third position of oven. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line the bottoms of a broiler pan and a jelly-roll pan with foil. Brush pans with 1 teaspoon oil.
2. Arrange sweet peppers and garlic on one pan and zucchini and onion on the other. Brush vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast zucchini and onion on lower rack and sweet peppers and garlic on center rack 15 minutes. Remove zucchini and onion from oven. Transfer bell peppers to lower rack; roast 10 minutes more, until charred. Remove vegetables from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove garlic from skins. Coarsely chop garlic and vegetables. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the parsley. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
3. Brush a 9-inch nonstick round cake pan with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Whisk eggs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the ground red pepper in a bowl. Stir in vegetables and Parmesan. Pour mixture into cake pan.
4. Bake 50 minutes, until center is set. Remove from oven and let stand in pan 5 minutes. Invert frittata onto a large plate, then invert again right side up onto a large serving plate.
Make Ahead Tip
- Roast the vegetables; cool. Cover and chill up to 24 hours before adding to egg mixture.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!