Smashed Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (3 oz.) shredded Monterey jack
- 1/4 cup 2-percent milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by 2 inches and add 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer until potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pan. Add cheese, milk, butter and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Using a potato masher, smash together until combined but slightly chunky. Serve immediately or cover to keep warm up to 15 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!