Spice-Roasted Butternut Squash
Cumin and cinnamon flavor the butternut squash in this simple side dish.
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Trim stem ends from squash. Halve squash lengthwise and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1-inch-thick wedges. Transfer to a roasting pan.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F and arrange rack in lower third of oven.
3. Melt butter with salt and spices in a small saucepan over moderately low heat and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Toss squash with half of butter mixture and roast, turning pieces occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Toss squash with remaining butter mixture and serve hot. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet