The combined flavors of shallots and balsamic vinegar turn plain old spinach into an elegant side dish for any main course.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add shallots; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet